Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mexicans in Chile!!! (Week 1)

VISITORSSSSSS!!!!! My family came to visit the for past two weeks (Michael and Jennifer were here just for the first week), and I can't even describe how great it was to see them after 3 1/2 months of being away. Skype is great, but it doesn't compare to seeing people in real life! I'm so glad we planned their visit for the halfway point of my time here. Classes were getting hard (whoever said studying abroad was easy didn't do an immersion program), and seeing everyone on Facebook talking about going home for Spring Break made me hate the fact that I'm sooo far away from everything. But then my family came to ME!

On the first night, my family took my former host family out to dinner in Batio Bellavista. So fun seeing my two families together. I missed them both! The language barrier was a little bit of an issue but it kept things interesting hahaha. Here they areee:
My two amazing families :)


For the rest of the week, I showed them around Santiago.
Cerro San Cristobal:
We took the funicular to the top of the hill. Just a little bit terrifying, especially since it was built in the early 1900s.

Touching the "ancient Greek statue."
SILENCIO
Mom and the giant Mary statue.
He was posing for this long before my mom even realized she was supposed to be taking his picture...
They're so politically correct.
Probably the best family picture we've ever taken!!! At the base of Cerro San Cristobal.
MOM ON A LLAMA!!!!!! LOOK AT HIS TINY HAT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Santiago Centro:

One of the more interesting looks we saw...my mom was extremely proud of taking this picture.
On top of Cerro Santa Lucía.

We found this dog two days in a row at the top of two different hills!
My host family invited everyone over for lunch and then we went to the park and played on the see-saws haha:

My sister Pamela and her baby Gaspar!

Mi Tía y Matias :)
BFFs
And some more random photos:


That weekend, my family went to Viña del Mar and Valparaiso for a few days, while I got to stay at school and go to my internship orientation...then Michael and Jennifer left on Saturday when they got back :( Week 2 coming soon!

1 comment: