Thursday, February 17, 2011

V-Day, A Poet and Some Graffiti

Only one more day of Spanish class!!! I did my group presentation yesterday. We presented on Cerro San Cristobal and Bellavista. It went pretty well, but I totally forgot to include a whole paragraph that I was supposed to say. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now! Live and learn everyone. Haha. Tomorrow is our final exam...and then no more class until real school starts! AHHHHH!!!

Monday was Valentine's Day, or as they say here, El Día de Enamorados, and my friends and I decided to have a nice dinner together at my friend Aaron's house. Melanie decorated all the table with candles and rose petals, and it looked GORGEOUS. Aaron's brother used to be a head chef, and he made us amazing ravioli, Caesar salad, and garlic bread. I have never been so excited to eat a Caesar salad before. Mostly because it actually has lettuce and dressing in it. Attention Chileans: A BOWL OF TOMATOES IS NOT A SALAD. Brenan, as a fellow tomato-hater, I'm sure you understand the pain I feel everytime I'm served a giant spoonful of this so-called "salad."I eat it and want to cry. Here's some pics from our V-Day dinner:




On Tuesday, we had our last "cultural activity" with our groups. My group went to Pablo Neruda's Santiago home, which is called La Chascona. It was exactly how I would picture a famous poet's house would look, super quirky and artsy, with eyeballs hanging from a tree, LOOK!
Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so this is what you get! The whole tour was in Spanish so I didn't understand a lot of it, but I'm sure it was fascinating...Afterwards, our group monitors took us to an ice-cream shop that they said was the best in Santiago. So many cool flavors. I had strawberry mint and a mango/pineapple/peach blend (I think?) which were both delicious and tried my friend's...drumroll please...NUTELLA ICE-CREAM!!! I had no idea such a great thing could exist, but yes, it does exist and it's amazing in every way. After our ice-cream, we still had money left (since the trips are included in our fees, we're given a certain amount each time to spend), we headed over to a bar in Barrio Lastarria. I tried a vino sour, which is white wine and...lemon juice I think? Anyway, another delicious discovery.

Going to Reñaca this weekend!

Love the graffiti in the city:




Chao until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment