Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FIRE!!!

Today started out really slow...I think I stayed in the same spot on the couch until about 3...then I went into Barrio Providencia with Anna and Chuck to try to find this English bookstore, but we couldn't find it so we ate ice-cream instead.

We went to dinner in Barrio Bellavista with this guy Jack from Australia who we met the other day. The plates here are really simple but they give you sooo muchhh foooooood. And the bread comes with salsa instead of butter, which I thought would be weird but is actually brilliant.

An old church caught on fire in Bellavista today, so all the streets around it were closed down and there were police all over the place. EXCITING!!! (I'm only saying that because I don't think anyone was hurt. If they were I take it back.) It was kinda fun watching the firemen put out the flames but a fire in Santiago only means the air is even worse now. Ash is never a good addition to smog. After dinner, we hung out at the Bicentenary Fountain that lights up in all different colors at night. So pretty!

Excited to meet more people from my program tomorrow!

Stop! Drop! ROLLLLL!!!


Bicentenary Fountain:

No comments:

Post a Comment